1886 – Carlo MAINA starts the activity as a manufacturer of oenological machines and devices for the local needs, and as a repair shop for bicycles and sewing machines.
1917 – On February 28th, Carlo’s four children (Fedele, Modesto, Benvenuto and Erminia) set up the Company as general partnership FRATELLI MAINA DI CARLO and acquire a new head office.
1919 – The cast-iron foundry and the cast-iron pulley production begin operating.
1925 – The Company enlarges its own production by realizing industrial plant motorization and material handling systems.
1950 – The production of gear couplings starts.
1965 – The first gear spindles for rolling mills are designed and produced.
1981 – The management of the Company passes on to the third generation. A complete reorganization of the production department is carried out with the purchase of modern CNC machines and equipment, while the sales and technical departments are developed and strengthened.
1982 – The foundry is closed, the study of the universal shaft product begins and the sales activity starts expanding abroad.
1984 – The production of universal shafts and gear reducers starts.
1994 – The UNI EN ISO 9001 certification by Det Norske Veritas is achieved. The family’s fourth generation joins the Board of Directors.
1997 -The production of large-size and high-load universal shafts begins.
2004 – The company acquires a strategic position in the international markets, by completing its transformation from leading company within the domestic market into leading-role company of the global market.
2009 – The Company invests in research and development on products designed for new fields of application.
2010 – New products, or complementary to the existing ones, are added to the production range: disc couplings, universal gear joints for high speed trains, slipper spindles and safety devices.
2011 – The Company obtains the patent for the Hydro-Safe device